Sam Mendes drops out from Disney's live-action 'Pinocchio'

Getty Images

Getty Images

Sam Mendes is no longer pulling the strings on Disney's live-action Pinocchio movie.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the 52-year-old director has exited the animation adaption.

Batistuta annoyed 'extraterrestrial' Messi broke his record
On whether he was annoyed to lose his record, Batistuta told the Argentine TV station: "Honestly, not a little but a lot, yes". The 30-year-old said that at his age he sees things in a different manner and is far more relaxed than earlier.

The Oscar-winning filmmaker is known for directing the last two James Bond films, but apparently Spectre was his last - or was it? He was previously in talks for the live-action James and the Giant Peach adaption before exiting the movie for Pinocchio. The feature, based on the classic 1940 cartoon, was penned by Rogue One scripter Chris Weitz. However, insiders close to The Tracking Board note that Mendes' Pinocchio dip-out isn't connected to Bond 25 in any way, though that doesn't necessarily mean the director won't end up helming the film. Meanwhile, Bill Condon recently steered Beauty and the Beast to a worldwide gross of $1.2 billion. Disney is expecting the same result with the rest of the movies it has in its pipeline, including Jon Favreau's The Lion King, which is due out on July 19, 2019.

Noticias recomendadas

Nos complace brindar esta oportunidad para compartir información, experiencias y observaciones sobre lo que está en las noticias.
Algunos de los comentarios se pueden reimprimir en otras partes del sitio o en el periódico.
Gracias por tomarse el tiempo para ofrecer sus pensamientos.